Working Well Specialist Employment Service (SES) Individual Placement Support

Working Well Specialist Employment Service (SES) Individual Placement Support

Who Can Apply?

You can apply for Working Well Supported Employment Individual Placement Support if you:

Are receiving help for severe mental illness, via a secondary mental health service such as Early Intervention Team (Individual Placement Support)

AND you are:

  • Over 18 years of age
  • Living in Stockport, Oldham, Tameside, Rochdale or Bury
  • Are receiving help with a severe mental illness
  • Are currently unemployed and want to work
  • Have the right to work in the UK
  • Are not currently on any employment programme

How we can help you:

You will work with your own Employment Officer who will help you to:

  • identify your skills, qualities, experience and career goals
  • find local vacancies and opportunities that you’re interested in
  • help you with job applications, prepare a CV and do practice interviews
  • help you learn new travel routes and become an independent traveller
  • provide advocacy on your behalf to work with potential employers on making reasonable adjustments and tailored training

offer job coaching and in work support


Ryan said: “Rachael matched me with Rowan Ashworth, the interview made me feel less nervous with Rachael there too and when offered employment they eased me into work, I started off just doing two days at first and then gradually built up to full time. I love me job and hoping to move up to manage my own team in the near future”

Our programme is client led, and we offer a personalised specialist service to each client. We maintain regular contact with you, support you at every step of the way and ensure when you get into work, that you receive all the support needed to sustain your employment. We offer travel training to help you become familiar with your travel route to work and how to stay safe on journeys.

If you need support in work, we can arrange a job coach to support you, negotiate adjustments with your employer, signpost you to other services and regularly hold reviews to check your progress and that you’re happy in your job.

Want To Be Involved?

You can ask your Care Co-Ordinator to refer you to the programme. If they need a referral form, please contact

Referrals should be sent via a secure email account using encrypted email, or a password protected document to

Or, if you or your Care Co-Ordinator would like any more information you can contact us on 0161 669 8141.